We are one of North America's largest deployed police services with more than 5,800 uniformed officers, 2,400 civilian employees and 830 Auxiliary officers.
The first motorized patrol was begun in 1916 with the purchase of a motorcycle.
A patrol car was purchased in 1921 and in 1927 our police cars were the first in West Essex to be equipped with a wireless radio to receive calls from the City of Newark.
In 1957 equipment to provide artificial respiration with oxygen was installed in the patrol cars.
Essex Fells Police have a tradition of being proactive and attempt to incorporate new technology and equipment in order to benefit the residents of Essex Fells and the community at large.
Our officers are responsible for policing over one million square kilometres of land and waterways.